- Every time you ask someone to pee they do it happily, without crying.
- And.....they do it quickly.....instead of the twenty minutes of sitting and squirming on the toilet they've had a penchant for lately.
- And even better.......no accidents in the pants.
- There has been no crying about things like a fuzz on an apple slice, a stuffed animal that won't fit into a shoe, me throwing away a scrap of paper that was seemingly trash but was in fact a letter to the Scarecrow, or having to endure mommy listening to Gotye instead of Disney Princess Party.
- You dye away your gray hair.
- You both wear polka dots to a birthday party.
- G is so excited to give away the birthday present she picked out all on her own. Makes me cry mama tears. (Those are the kind that are always lingering behind your eyelids, threatening to spill out without a moments notice......at an insurance commercial, a cute magazine ad, watching your daughter get excited about doing a project with you, and really just about anything that wouldn't have made you cry in a 1000 years prior to having a child.)
- You find a way to work your mint green chandelier earrings into yet another outfit.
- You wear blue eyeshadow.
- You let your daughter watch Charlotte's Web and she doesn't even realize that Charlotte dies......phew.
- Your husband has to clean up the cat puke.
- You (kind of) feel caught up on laundry.
- Your husband brings you home a doughnut from his weekly doughnut date with the G.
- You find a J. Crew bracelet on clearance for $14.
- Your daughter eats a whole box of macaroni and cheese on her own......and wants more. Maybe that's just more disturbing than good.
- You actually get pictures of your daughter and and she's looking at the camera.
It's the little things, right?
Happy Weekend...............and thank you all so much for the e-mails, shares, Facebook messages, and comments about my last post. I can't tell you how awesome it is to meet so many new people through this blog who love adoption, believe in it, are passionate about it, and who want to shout it from the roof-tops that it's the best thing they've ever done--both adoptive moms and birth moms! I love you all! And I can't wait to get to know you better!