And if you believe that you've never met me.
Guacamole is just one of a million things that my family has some convictions on. My mom has really perfected the art of guacamole and has passed on her wisdom to her daughters. You can frequently find us making a meal of it in the summer on my parents deck or up at Lake Ann......or just because really.
It's also one of the few things people ask me for my recipe for. While I love to cook and try new things....a lot of them are a flop.....because I shoot too high or I lose my patience with whatever I'm doing and ruin it.
But my guacamole.....it's pretty good.
Here you go.........
Guacamole DO's & DONT'S:
- Add some cilantro on occasion if you like it.
- Grill your avocados for a few minutes before you scoop them out.
- Add a few shakes of Tabasco sauce if you like a little bite.
- Add a pinch or two of cumin if you like smoky flavors.
- Use some fresh tomatoes too, in addition to your salsa.
- ADD SOUR CREAM. Ever. You're not making spinach artichoke dip. You want to taste the avocados!
- Whip your avocados or beat them with a mixer. Keep it chunky.
- Add garlic. (I know a lot of people do it....and it's okay.....just not my favorite.)
- Add bacon. A new trend that leaves me as baffled as not wearing mascara.
- Under-estimate how much people will eat. Three avocados served about eight people for an appetizer.
Post a Comment